Each year, the Pattonville Board of Education establishes priorities to address in the coming school year. The priorities are intended to help the district fulfill its goals outlined in its Comprehensive School Improvement Plan.
The Pattonville School District Board of Education is committed to providing exemplary educational opportunities for ALL children. In order to accomplish this goal, partnerships with parents, business leaders and district patrons must continue to be actively developed in order to engage the entire community as the district strives for educational excellence. As such, the board has adopted the following Areas of Emphasis for the 2018-2019 school year:
- The district will implement the multi-year (preschool through 12th grade) personalized learning plan to provide ongoing feedback to students on their growth toward high school course content readiness and that leads to success-ready graduates.
- All students in grades 6 through 12 have a graduation life-readiness plan which they develop and regularly monitor progress within and between academic levels.
- Career education programs will continue to become a more integral component of the total educational program and will include students participating in Extended Learning Opportunities, emphasizing district partnerships with local businesses when possible.
- The district will develop a comprehensive plan to become a trauma-informed system that provides for the social and emotional needs of all students.
- The district will develop a plan integrating school and community resources to ensure the safety and security of students, staff and the community.
- The district facilities plan will be updated as appropriate and implemented utilizing bond issue and district operating funds.
The district will continue with the following:
- Proactive strategies will be implemented to promote continued improvement in student responsibility, citizenship and overall character with an emphasis on building relationships and an understanding of socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic differences.
- Parents, staff and students will continue to develop, modify and implement school improvement plans based on data and research.
- The district will continue to implement and identify strategies to increase the percentage of students involved in extracurricular programs provided at the elementary and middle school level to support the development of highly competitive programs at the high school.
- The district will continue to use resources efficiently to achieve district goals. The district will continue legislative advocacy for public education.
Adopted by the Pattonville Board of Education on June 26, 2018